APS (Arizona Public Service) providers power for most of Arizona. However, the utility does not provide electricity to Tucson, Arizona and the various native american reservations. Most APS customers are in the Phoenix metropolitan area where the company provides residential and business electric services.
APS Service Map – Arizona
APS Service Map – Phoenix Metropolitan Area
APS Power Plant Map
APS Substation Map – Phoenix Metropolitan Area
APS covers about half of Avondale, AZ. The other half of Avondale is covered by Salt River Project (SRP). APS covers the area west of the Agua Fria River in Avondale and SRP covers the area east of the river.
- White Tanks Substation address: N 119th Ave, Avondale, AZ 85392.
Buckeye is the westernmost suburb in the Phoenix metropolitan area. APS provides power for all of Buckeye, AZ.
- Komatke Substation address: Buckeye, AZ 85326.
- Liberty Substation address: 20307 W Dunlap Rd, Buckeye, AZ 85326.
- SunValley Substation address: 29110 Sun Valley Pkwy, Buckeye, AZ 85396.
The Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station is located west of Buckeye in Tonopah, Arizona. It is the largest power plant in the United States by net generation. Palo Verde produces 3.3 gigawatts, which brings power to four million people. APS is the largest operator of the plant with 29.1% ownership.
The Redhawk Power Station is located west of Buckeye in Arlington, AZ. The plant has two natural gas-fired units that produce 1,060 megawatts of power.
- Palo Verde Generating Station address: 5801 S Wintersburg Rd, Tonopah, AZ 85354.
- Redhawk Power Plant address: located at 11600 S 363rd Ave, Arlington, AZ 85322.
Casa Grande is a city in Pinal County, about halfway between Phoenix and Tucson in the U.S. state of Arizona. APS provides power for all of Casa Grande, AZ.
- Casa Grande Service Center address: 50 N Brown Ave, Casa Grande, AZ 85122.
The Sundance Power Plant is located in Casa Grande, AZ. It is a 450 megawatt gas fired project.
- Sundance Power Plant address: 2060 W Sundance Rd, Casa Grande, AZ 85194
Douglas is a city in Cochise County in southern Arizona. It has a border crossing with Mexico at Agua Prieta. APS provides power for all of Douglas, AZ.
- Douglas Office address: 1034 F Ave, Douglas, AZ 85607.
El Mirage is a city in the west valley. APS provides power for all of El Mirage, AZ.
Flagstaff is a city in the mountains of northern Arizona located in Coconino County. APS provides power for all of Flagstaff, AZ. APS also owns and operates a solar power plant in Flagstaff, AZ.
- Woody Mountain Substation address: 726 S Flagstaff Ranch Rd, Flagstaff, AZ 86001.
- Soldier Trail Substation address: 6701 S Beulah Blvd, Flagstaff, AZ 86004.
The Cholla Power Plant is located east of Flagstaff in Joseph City, AZ. It is a 1.02 gigawatt coal plant owned jointly by APS and PacifiCorp.
- APS Cholla Power Plant address: is 4801 Frontage Rd, Joseph City, AZ 86032.
Glendale is located about 9 miles northwest of Downtown Phoenix. APS only covers the northern part of Glendale, and SRP covers the southern part.
- APS Greenbriar Substation address: 5901 W Greenbriar Dr, Glendale, AZ 85308.
- APS Adobe Substation address: 24447 N 35th Dr, Glendale, AZ 85310.
Globe is located Gila County and was originally founded as a mining camp. APS provides power for all of Globe, AZ.
- APS Globe Office address: 5994 Electric Dr, Globe, AZ 85501
Goodyear is a suburb located in the western part of the valley. APS provides power for all of Goodyear, AZ.
- APS Bullard Substation address: 500 S Bullard Ave, Goodyear, AZ 85338
- APS Goodyear Office address: 14117-14135 W Van Buren St, Goodyear, AZ 85338
Mesa is a city located just east of Phoenix. APS does not cover any part of Mesa. SRP provides power for all of Mesa, AZ.
Peoria is west of Phoenix in Maricopa and Yavapai counties. APS provides power for all of Peoria, AZ.
- APS Bell Substation address: 16701 N 75th Ave, Peoria, AZ 85382
Scottsdale is a city that is just east of Phoenix. APS provides power for northern Scottsdale while SRP powers south Scottsdale.
- APS Acoma Substation address: 7142 E Acoma Dr, Scottsdale, AZ 85254
- APS Altadena Substation address: 11159 E Altadena Ave, Scottsdale, AZ 85259
Surprise is a city in the western valley of the Phoenix metropolitan area. APS provides power for all of Surprise, AZ.
- APS Beardsley Substation address: 1662 W Yorkshire Dr, Surprise, AZ 85374
- APS Javelina Substation address: 15414 N 161st Ave, Surprise, AZ 85374
- APS Bell Substation address: 11325 W Phillip Jacob Cir, Surprise, AZ 85378
Parker is the county seat of La Paz County located in the western part of Arizona. APS provides power for all of Parker, AZ.
- APS Parker Office address: 1221 W Arizona Ave, Parker, AZ 85344
Prescott is a city in central Arizona in Yavapai county. APS provides power for all of Prescott, AZ.
- APS Antelope Substation address: 5981 N Honeysuckle Rd, Prescott, AZ 86305
Prescott Valley is a town located in Yavapai County, Arizona and is about 8 miles east of Prescott. APS provides power for all of Prescott Valley, AZ.
- APS Yavapai Substation address: Unnamed Road, Prescott Valley, AZ 86315
- APS Wellfield Substation address: 6200 Glassford Hill Rd, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314
Tempe is a city east of Phoenix in Maricopa County. APS provides electricity for a portion of Tempe, with SRP providing power for the rest of the city.
- APS Tempe Office address: 1701 E Rio Salado Pkwy, Tempe, AZ 85281
The Ocotillo Power Plant is a 916 megawatt natural gas facility near Arizona State University. The project is a landmark in Tempe because its steam units stood 178 feet tall for 60 years. Recent modernization efforts have removed the 1960s-era steam units and replaced them with high-tech gas turbine generators.
- APS Ocotillo Power Plant address: 1500 E University Dr, Tempe, AZ 85281
Tucson is a city in southern Arizona located in Pima county. APS does not cover any part of Tucson. Tucson Electric Power (TEP) provides power for all of Tucson, AZ.
The Saguaro Power Plant is located northeast of Tucson in Red Rock, AZ. Saguaro is a concentrating solar project (CSP) that produces 1 megawatt.
- APS Saguaro Power Plant address: 25044 Camino Adelante, Red Rock, AZ 85145
Yuma is located in southwest Arizona in Yuma county. An interesting fact about Yuma is that it receives the most sunlight of any place on earth.
APS (Arizona Public Service) owns the Yucca Power Plant jointly with the IDD (Imperial Irrigation District). However, APS is the sole operator of the station. It is located at 7522 South Somerton Avenue, Yuma, AZ 85364. The facility provides power to the APS Electric AZ grid during the summer months when demand is high.
The APS Foothills Solar Plant is located on 400 acres of land in Yuma county and produces 35 megawatts.
- APS Yucca Power Plant address: 7522 S Somerton Ave, Yuma, AZ 85364
- APS Foothills Solar Plant address: E Co 12 1/2 St, Yuma, AZ 85367