We Work For You, and Only You
This is What Happens in the Residential Solar Industry
- When a salesperson works directly for a solar installer, this creates a conflict of interest that can hurt you.
- That salesperson is going to be far more loyal to the solar installer than they are to you as the customer. That solar installer is their only source of income, and they will gladly give you a bad deal with poor service before they ever jeopardize their relationship with their installer.
- Every solar installer goes through ebbs and flows of their quality of customer service. If they get busy or have problems with a key member of management, their customer service, quality of warranty work, and install timeline gets worse.
- Everyone that’s ever dealt with a home build or home remodel knows how hard it is to find good, reliable, and fair residential contractors that stay that way! Residential solar is the same.
- Further, hundreds of solar installers come and go out of business every year in every major city in the USA.
- When this salesperson works for one solar installer, they have all their current sales in the “install pipeline” with that installer. This means they are waiting to get paid by the solar installer after the installation of all their sales. This usually takes two to four months.
- If this salesperson sees that the solar installer’s service is dropping for customers that are already installed, or customers that are waiting to get installed after the sale, they still continue to sell all their new sales through this same solar installer even though the installer is going to give their customers bad service.
- Why do they do this? Because if they start selling all their new customers under a new solar installer, the old solar installer may catch wind of it and refuse to pay this salesperson for the sales they already submitted previously.
- It is very common for solar installers to refuse to pay ex-employees their commissions after the leave and start working for a new solar installer.
CONCLUSION: Many homeowners think that having sales and installation through one company is ideal, but the opposite is actually true!
This is how you will benefit by going solar with Phoenix Solar Panel Systems:
- The solar installer is who you will have a relationship with for the next 25 years after being installed. Your relationship with your solar salesperson is very temporary, and the reality is that 99% of solar salespeople don’t last more than one (1) year in this business because it’s 100% commission and has to be self-driven. The only exception to this rule would be working with someone like our owner Steven Smith, J.D. who has been in the business several years and will always stay in the business.
- So you need to choose the correct solar installer more than you need to choose the correct solar salesperson.
- We work WITH all of the best and most reputable solar installers in the area. We am not not married to any one of them, and we have sales with all of them.
- WE DON’T WORK FOR the solar installers, we’re only partnered with them. If a solar installer begins decreasing their level of service to our customers, whether they have already been installed or not, we communicate my concerns to the installer with an expectation that they will fix the problems, or we will stop using them to install my sales. An employee can not, and does not, give their employers ultimatums like this.
- If the installer fails to correct the problems, we take all of our current customers with that installer, cancel their sales, and then move them to a new installer. This ensures our customers always get the best service.
- All of my solar installers are vetted by our owner, and we only work with the top installers that provide the best customer service, fastest installation times, and most reliable warranty work. Any installer that fails to meet my strict requirements, at any time, is either never chosen in the first place or dropped from our list of installers.
- New installers are always approaching us for new partnerships due to our volume of business, so we will never run out of reputable installers for our customers to choose from.
- We have been doing solar for a long time now and we have many past customers with different solar installation companies. Running our business this way allows us to ADVOCATE for our customers after their systems have been installed.
- Our owner was a Trial Attorney for 7 years, so no other salesperson has his skill and experience in advocating for customers.
- This is what has happened many times to our customers: Our customer has an issue with their solar system years after being installed. They can’t reach the solar installer to perform the warranty work, the solar installation company is out of business, the installation company refuses to do the work, or the installer takes far to long to complete the work.
- Make no mistake, this type of thing is very common in this industry from nearly all solar installers!
- This is where we step in as the customer’s advocate. Our owner personally knows the owner’s of the installers, whether their company is still in business or not, and they all know he’s a lawyer! He then APPLIES PRESSURE on them to fix our customer’s system with the threat of legal action if they don’t. THE OWNER OF THE INSTALLATION COMPANY HAS FIXED OUR CUSTOMERS’ SYSTEMS PROMPTLY EVERY TIME STEVE GOT INVOLVED! This is a massive benefit to you as a customer that no other salesperson can offer.
We are EXPERTS in this industry and it is TO YOUR ADVANTAGE to take our advice on what solar installer you should go with!
- Homeowners have no prior experience with the residential solar industry. Everything they know is either from research online or from the salespeople themselves.
- Homeowners don’t know what they don’t know, and it’s not their fault that it’s nearly impossible for them to choose the correct installer because they don’t know what to look for.
- We know what to look for, and we a have vast amount of experience with every problem a homeowner could possibly face in the future after going solar. Our owner Steve has also worked for many solar installers in management, and he knows exactly what makes the greatest solar installer and what makes the worse solar installer.
WE WORK FOR YOU
We’re so confident we can find the right solution for your solar needs we’ll come to your home and walk you through all the options at no cost.
Book a Free Home Solar Consultation Now!