In 2003, the Arizona Court of Appeals ruled that it is unlawful to prevent a homeowner from installing solar panels on their home. This law on this is located here: Arizona Revised Statutes 33-439.Read More
Once you have decided to go solar and signed the paperwork, the solar installation process begins. This process typically takes around one to three months, but it may take longer depending on how fast your city approves permits.
- Site Survey : We come to your home to verify the planned solar system design. We will check your roof, attic, and potential placement locations of the solar system components. If any repairs or updates are needed before installation, you will be notified. Most of our customers cover the costs of any repairs or updates by adding the additional amount into their existing solar loan. You typically do not need to be home for the site survey, unless you want to be.
- System Design Approval : You will have the opportunity to approve the solar system design at your home. If any changes were made from the original design, you will review the changes and approve them, or request additional changes.
- Permit Approval : We will send the permit application and final designs to the city and wait for their approval.
- Installation : Installation typically takes between one to three days, depending on your solar system size. You typically do not need to be home for the installation, unless you want to be.
- Final City Inspection : The city inspector comes to your home to check for code adherence and design accuracy.
- Utility Interconnection : The utility company representative will inspect the installation and approve it. After receiving Permission to Operate (PTO), the switch is flipped and you are using clean power!
The great thing about going solar with Phoenix Solar Panel Systems is that we take care of EVERYTHING for you. How much time you spend is really up to you. We are happy to spend many hours at your home, and on the phone, answering your questions. We are always available to you when you have a question or concern.
If you don’t wish to ask any questions, all we need is about a half-an-hour of your time to present the cost savings to you and sign the documents related to the sale of your solar system. After you sign, we literally handle every aspect of installing and turning on your solar system, and no more of your time is needed. In fact, you don’t even need to be at your home for the site inspection or installation of your solar system if you don’t want to be!
The reality is that EVERYONE has the time to go solar because so little time is needed from our customers to complete the entire buying process.Read More